NGPC GATHERS EVERY SUNDAY FOR WORSHIP AT 9:30am.
NGPC GATHERS EVERY SUNDAY AT 60 VICTORIA ST, NORTH GEELONG.
NGPC CHURCH CULTURE AND COMA.
We're a reformed and evangelical congregation who believe our primary mission is to make disciples who make disciples (Matt 28:19-20). At the very core of our fellowship is Jesus and his gospel, this is expressed on Sunday as we gather for corporate worship (9:30-10:40am), fellowship (morning tea) and study/training (11:40-12:20pm).
At NGPC we work hard at being intentional about creating a discipleship culture. All the leaders model and teach how to read the Bible well using COMA as a method to equip the whole congregation. During the week we meet fortnightly in homes all over Geelong in discipleship quads/pods (groups of 4 men or 4 women reading and understanding Scripture using COMA) while the alternate fortnight we meet in Bible study groups [mixed groups of 12-14 men and woman using COMA].
What is COMA?
- Context [of passage in chapter, book and the bible’s story]
- Observation [what does the text actually say?]
- Meaning [what does it mean?]
- Implication/Application [So what? What are the implications of this truth? What should I think, believe, feel or do?]
Where is COMA used?
- COMA is the required method of teaching by all NGPC leaders.
- COMA will be used in quads/pods, oikos, and evidence of it will be seen in the pulpit also.
Why are we using COMA?
- We believe we need to understand the Bible since it is God’s final authoritative word to us. [2 Tim. 3:16; Heb. 1:1-3]
- We believe we need to understand the Bible as it is God’s way of sanctifying/saving us. [2Tim. 3:15-17; Eph. 6:17; Heb. 4:12]
- We believe we need to understand the Bible to guard the gospel since there is much false teaching. [John 14:6; 1Tim. 4:1-2; 2Tim. 1:14]
Therefore at NGPC we are trying to teach everyone how to read the Bible well - expecting the following outcomes:
- To understand, follow, and enjoy Jesus as his disciples.
- To understand, share, and enjoy the grace of the gospel of Jesus.
- To equip men, and women for works of service [ministry], in the church, home, work and community.
- To equip the heads of the home to make disciple-making disciples of their own children via family worship and discipleship.
NGPC CHILDREN AND YOUTH IN THE CONGREATION.
AT NGPC we believe that God covenants with believers, and their children. Children are members of the covenant community, so we encourage parents, and children to worship together. Practically, it means we don’t have Sunday School during our worship services, as parents and children worship as a family. We believe worshipping with our children is both biblical and beneficial. Since children remain in the service with mum and dad, they are encouraged to be actively engaged. They take up the offering, they participate in the children’s talk and song, and they are addressed in the sermon. It is also wise to try and explain to your child what each segment of the service means, for example you could remind them that when we pray we are talking to God. That when we sing we are praising God, and instructing each other etc.
However, we also know that children will be both distracted, and distracting, and that training them takes much time and effort. You can be assured at NGPC that parents will receive encouragement, and support from the congregation, and elders as they seek to train their children in public worship. We also have a cry room avaialble to settle children, and a church culture that encourages and supports parents as they train their children.
NGPC CONGREGATION GROWING. BUILDING SOLD.
As of September 2014 we have SOLD our building, we have a lease arrangement for the next TWO YEARS (till Sept. 2016). In that time we will relocate to larger premises to house our growing congregation, but for now, you will still find us at 60 VICTORIA, NORTH GEELONG. If you have any questions please feel free to call Darren on 0406 588 120 or the manse on 5276 1327.